Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Thankful Chain

We did a little family project in November.  As much as I dislike Halloween, I love Thanksgiving.  I love the food, the family, the decor, and the concept of gratitude.  After chatting with some friends on facebook, I came up with the idea of everyone writing down one thing at dinner each night that they were thankful for that day on a strip of paper and making a Thankful Chain.  It turned out GREAT!  The kids were really into it and asked to do it each night.  At the end of the November we took the paper chain and used it to decorate our little Christmas tree in the den!

 Camera Roll-221

I took a minute to write down what every one was thankful for this year:

Gillian:
My family and friends
Cuddly Bunny Jammies
Momo napping with me today
My favorite friend, Louise
My Barbies
My warm, cozy bed
My pink, fuzzy blanket
Dancing class
My cousin, Sarah
Both Weasel and Momo
GraGra
The Earth
WeeWee
Daddy
My friend, Sarah
Love
Our dinner
Aunts and Uncles
Ham
Friends
Me
Books
Food
My family
Mommy


Colin:
Family
Bacon
A nice, cozy bed
Noodles
Snow
Legos
Bread
Houses
Santa
Real friends
Plants
Bones
Tomatoes
School
Potato chips
Joshua's triplets
Dino Museum
Ham
Friends
Mustard
Trampolines
Carrots
Momo and WeeWee
Turkeys

Mommy:
Daddy, Colin, Gillian.  Momo and WeeWee too.
That Daddy's home
A warm(ish), solid house
A fun afternoon with Gillian
Pretty, new curtains
Fridays
A warm, cozy bed
The milk actually being in the car
Colin and Gillian
Hawaiian Pizza
Daddy's hard work
New paint for the dining room
Yoga class
See Saw and Miss Thelma
Kids doing gymnastics
Kids who play in the snow
Happy Weasels
Family dinners
Friends
Music
A beautiful, sunny day
A fun day with Colin and Gillian
A beautiful red tree on our way to school
A productive weekend

Daddy:
Health
Beef short rib ragu
Daylight Savings Time
Math
NPR
Umami
"GraGra and Papa distracting C&G so I could sleep in"
Strudelknot and Festerdoodle
Veterans
Cat snuggles
Noodles and red sauce
To not be in the Phillipines
Wallpaper removal professionals
Chinese food
Noodles
NSAIDs
Feeling well enough to run
No fear of public speaking
The weekend
Legos
New tires for winter
Lazy Sundays
Being 1/3 done with work this week
Moderation
Family

Finished product!  See we managed to get some curtains up in November too!
Camera Roll-228


No comments: