Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fall Fun at School

The week of Halloween the kiddos had a "Fall Party" at school.  Their school doesn't dress up in costumes.  Apparently the church that houses the preschool made that choice about ten years ago.  FINE BY ME.  When I worked in preschool before C&G were born, we did dress up for Halloween.  And it was TORTURE.  Helping kids in and out of costumes, some kids didn't want to wear a costume, some kids didn't BRING a costume, some kids were scared of the other kids' costumes, someone spilled red juice on their costume the day before real trick or treat.  NO THANK YOU.  A "Fall Party" sounds perfect to me.

The parents were invited to the parties, that started about 45 minutes before the end of school.  Now, I have TWO parties to attend, I guess!  Colin, Gillian, and I talked it over and we decided that I would go to Gillian's party first and then move on to Colin's party.  The next time they have a party, I'll start with Colin and switch half way through.  Very fair, I think.

So, in Gillian's room, we all got settled and then made a cute scarecrow craft.
PA300521.JPG
PA300522.JPG

After the craft, one of the other Mommy's read us a Halloween story.  She read very well too! She had a great FROGGY voice!  As G's room was getting ready for cookies, I headed down the hall to Colin's room!

Miss Lanna was happy to see me, I think!  I think she was relieved to have ME pick Colin's "peanut/nut free" cookie and not her!  Luckily, there were oreos and one of the Moms made lovely, promised-nut-free ghost cookies!
PA300523.JPG
PA300524.JPG

After snacks, Miss Lanna had the kids sing a few Fall songs just for me!  They sang them at the beginning of the party, but I missed them!
 PA300528.JPG

Then we read a couple of Halloween books and collected our treat bags!  Then Colin and I were off to collect a very happy Gillian!  All in all, a fun Fall Party!


1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are going to be a busy Mama with all these school parties! I LOVE Colin's skeleton clothes!