Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wearing Daddy's Onesies

During my summer/fall of restricted activity, I had a small amount of time on my hands (what did I do with all that time??), and I discovered the joys of internet shopping. I also wanted to get Michael a small gift for the day the babies were born that would be special to him. So, I found a site that makes personalized onesies and I thought, "Aha! That would be perfect!" So, I ordered two special onesies for us in size 0-3 months and they finally fit!

Here's Gillian:
DSC_0064.NEF

If you can't read it, her shirt says, "Space: Not Just for Boys Anymore." Michael feels very strongly that both children will do well in math and science and will find gainful employment as some sort of scientist, especially Gillian. When I was pregnant and talking about the babies' future, he told me "You know, space isn't just for boys anymore." So, Gillie proudly wears her shirt! Also, she continues her streak of looking skeptical in photos.

Here's Colin:
DSC_0053.NEF

When Michael was a little guy himself, he would often ask his Dad to tell him about steam. It is an infamous Uhl story. So, naturally, Colin will learn about the beauty of steam at an early age.

In fact, the presence of the onesies this week prompted a space lecture and a steam lecture. Michael asked the babies after work one night what their Mommy had taught them about space and steam. My response was, "Not much," so, we definitely need Daddy.

9 comments:

Ynn said...

The steam gene runs strong in the Uhl men. Grandpa was asking Gillie questions about steam when we babysat on Friday evening. She didn't give him many answers so he gave her a brief recap of "All You Need to Know About Steam but Were Afraid to Ask". She looked skeptical then too.

Mary Ann said...

I love the Onesies. That was a really great idea. If you don't mind, could you give me the name of the website? Thanks. Your babies are really adorable.

Rosie Hawthorne said...

Those babies get cuter and more beautiful. If that's possible.

Lea said...

Mary Ann,
I got the onesies at simplycolors.com.

The quality is really nice.

The Edwards Clan said...

Those onesies are SO cool!! And I think it's neat that Michael is so determined to make Gillie a science and math girl. I must admit that we haven't fostered that very much in Kimmy. It's amazing how she is just naturally so much more interested in learning her letters, writing, drawing, and other left-brain activities. We won't discount math and science though!

Jessica said...

Awesome onesies! I don't know which one I like best!

Let's aim for the best of both worlds and encourage C&G to be Renaissance People.

Lea said...

Well Jess, we're already planning a trip to the Nutcracker, and the zoo, and the dinosaurs, and probably the submarine at the Science Center, so we'll try to be well rounded.

Mary Ann said...

Thank you, Lea.

BobJane said...

Or perhaps she is saying "You COULD do it that way"