Sunday, January 11, 2009

Quick Update, but no new photos, sorry

It's been a while since an update, so I thought I'd post. Unfortunately I don't have any new photos. It was a rough week. Colin decided to stop sleeping last week. It started last weekend and slowly built from there. He would go down easily, but only nap for about 45 minutes and want up, but he was still tired. He also wasn't sleeping at night. Let's just say that by Wednesday, Mommy was a little miserable. So, after MUCH urging from Grandma RoRo, we went to the pediatrician on Friday. Dr. Amy was very sympathetic and checked him out for me. Turns out the poor kid has eczema, an outer ear infection, and maybe some reflux. So, Friday evening we started him on ear drops, Zantac, and Cetaphil for his skin. MAGIC, I tell you! He is sleeping SO much better (knock on wood). So, we're slowing trying to catch back up on a little sleep. Thank you Grandma and thank you Dr. Amy.

Gillian is doing quite well most of the time as well. Michael and I have discovered that she requires 19-20 hours of sleep a day STILL. When she gets them, she is a very pleasant, smiley girl.

Oh, they had their two month check up right before Christmas as well. They were both 20 3/4" long. Colin weighed 8lbs 9oz and Gilie weighed 7lbs 6oz. However, on Friday Colin was up to 9lbs 8oz. Like most of us, he gained a pound over Christmas!! They both got three shots. Colin was a little worse for the wear for it, but Gillian seemed to handle it just fine.

Hopefully we'll get some new pictures posted soon. They got some awfully cute clothes for Christmas!!

5 comments:

Ynn said...

Blessings on Grandma RoRo! I'm so glad that the Dr. was able to help Colin. You were so tired and sad on Wednesday that I wanted to hop in the car and come down. I could even have made it back in time for school on Thursday!

Lea said...

I was ready to hop in the car and not come back!

On the down side, I think I'm getting sick. Boo.

Mary Ann said...

Hope that Colin continue to improve. There is nothing worse than when babies are sick.
Hope you feel better too, Lea.

Mama said...

Lea, Gillie is still smaller than Ellie was when she was born! I can't believe that! Now she is SO BIG compared to when she was born! She has a doctor appointment tomorrow (4 month check up - already!), so I will have a more recent weight after that. Too bad I won't be able to go with Dan to the appointment - I teach from 4:30 to 7:30pm on Mondays - YUCK! I am REALLY GLAD to hear you are getting more sleep and Collin is feeling better!

Lea said...

Thanks Erinn. I just think Gillie is going to be on the petite side for a while. She is growing, growing, growing though! She doesn't have hair like Ellie either though!! It's so funny how babies can be so different.

At least you don't have to be there for the shots! Yuck.