Thursday, January 1, 2009

WE ARE.....PENN STATE!

Ok, so we're skipping some Christmas pictures, but we'll get them later. Since today is the Rose Bowl, we all put on our new PSU gear and are getting ready to cheer. Grandma RoRo had gotten Michael and me new t-shirts for the Rose Bowl, and Grammy Lynn had bought the babies PSU sleepers before they were born. The babies are JUST big enough for them NOW!
DSC_0005.NEF

I also thought it would be neat to compare how the babies PSU hats fit NOW, as compared to 10 weeks ago when they were born. See Exhibit A from about 9 weeks ago:
DSC_0077.NEF

And today's versions:
DSC_0013.NEF

DSC_0012.NEF

It is amazing how they've grown and changed! Those look like smiles!!

Go Penn State! Rrrowrr!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Look how the blue of those Penn State blue & white onesies bring out the blue in C&G's eyes! Just like Uncle David... awwww...

Mary Ann said...

Oh, they are just so cute and really growing. I liked how you compared the two photos in the Penn State hats. They do have beautiful eyes. Kelly has decided that you would like to have twins. I suggested that she finish college first!

Mary Ann said...

That would be "she", not "you"!

Michael said...

I agree with the plan of finishing college first. Plus, once she's done that I would recommend that she talk with us about twins beforehand (not that you can really control the whole twins vs. singles thing). I'm trying to determine the amount of effort that caring for twins takes in terms of a single baby. Right now I'm leaning toward E=C^(n-1) where E is the effort required to care for n babies... C is a constant in the equation. Presently I'm estimating the value of C at somewhere between 1.8 and 2.2 such that a single baby results in an E value of 1.0, twins result in an E value between 1.8 and 2.2, and triplets would have an E value between 3.2 and 4.8!

Lea said...

I would second the idea of finishing college first, and definitely have a dedicated partner to help! Also, I would suggest having babies one at a time! I love my babies to death, but I can also see the definite benefits of singletons.

Ynn said...

Message to Kelly - I concur with the "finish college first" theme and would suggest that perhaps she might like to "intern" with Michael and Lea for a while and see the amount of work involved. Michael and Lea handle all the challenges with patience (although I know there are occasional tears and frustration) and love, but those adorable babies are a lot of work. Old, experienced Grammy Lynn was definitely glad to have Uncle David help her babysit the twins on Friday evening!

Mary Ann said...

The advice was well-taken and she loved the mathematical reasoning.