Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Twins Get Baptized!

We took little C&G to Beechwoods to get baptized at the church that my family attends, and that I grew up in. Michael and I agree that it was a wonderful day. Reverends Emily and Dave Koehler are the ministers at the church, and they had such a wonderful service. Everything was so personalized for the babies, and the entire congregation was so happy to see them and celebrate with us! Rev. Emily's sermon was about God's promises to all of us, and especially to Gillian and Colin. It was very moving; even Rev. Emily was teary! The babies were so well behaved, and even slept through most of the actual "getting wet" part! We had a lovely lunch afterward to celebrate with about 40 of our closest friends and family! Some pictures from the day:

The four of us, this is before I started crying:
P1020146.JPG

Rev. Emily baptizing Colin:
P1020151.JPG

Rev. Dave baptizing Gillian:
P1020147.JPG

Although it's not the highest-quality photo in the world, I love this picture! These are all four of my grandparents (paternal on the left, maternal on the right). I am so very blessed to have all 4 of my grandparents and I feel so lucky to have a picture of them with Colin and Gillian.
DSC_0008.NEF
Sadly, Michael's grandmother wasn't feeling well enough to join us. It was the one damper on the day.

Grandma Dot with Colin. She has been sick the other times we visited with the twins, so this is the first time she got to hold them. The funniest part was, whenever they would fuss the littlest bit, she would hand them back! I suppose the Grandma's Prerogative extends even further when you are Great-Grandma!
DSC_0006.NEF

Samantha with Gillian. Samantha does not give up babies unless forced to! We are hoping that Gillian is just as nice a girl when she grows up as Samantha is.
DSC_0004.NEF

My Dad (AKA DickyDoo), Jodie, Grandma Dot, Grandpa Bob, Michael, me, C &G.
DSC_0015.NEF

Grandpa Frank and DickyDoo with C&G. I love this picture, and it cracks me up that Frank is lifting Gillie's chin up. Poor girl has my chins.
DSC_0024.NEF

A close up of Colin's handsomeness. He is wearing the sweater that Michael and Uncle David wore for their baptisms, and he is also wearing RED SOCKS in honor of Grandpa Lee, who wears red socks for all special occasions.
DSC_0025.NEF

Grandma RoRo, Grandpa Greg, Grandma Gert, Grandpa Lee, Mommy, Daddy, C &G.
DSC_0028.NEF

Great-Grandpa Lee with Gillie. Apparently she was fussy and she was immediately returned to Daddy!
DSC_0030.NEF

Grandpa Frank, Grammy Lynn, Superior Aunt Sharon, Superior Uncle Ray, Mommy, Daddy, C & G. Note that Aunt Sharon did not make Gillie cry, it was just the end of a long day!
DSC_0032.NEF

C&G loving Uncle D and Aunt Mercedes!
DSC_0038.NEF

Grammy Lynn, Grandpa Frank, Mommy, Daddy, C &G
DSC_0034.NEF

All in all, a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Ynn said...

That was such a wonderful day! Lots of tears but they were all happy and grateful tears. I think we were all so moved that the twins we had all prayed for so long and so hard were there to show us what miracles they are.

Mum said...

What a beautiful day! What beautiful babies! What a beautiful family! What a beautiful baptism! I was ROCK during the ceremony!

Ynn said...

You are always ROCK, dear Kathy-one of the many reasons I love you.