Saturday, September 19, 2009

And then there were TEETH!

Despite everyone claiming that every drool and gnaw was leading to teeth, we had managed to go 10 months without any baby teeth! Even Dr. Amy seemed a little surprised at their 9 month visit that neither C or G had a tooth. I really wasn't. My cousin Becky's children didn't get a tooth until 12-14 months, and Michael and I both teethed late. Supposedly,that stuff is genetic.

Anyway, when Gillian returned from her holiday weekend with her grandparents, I noticed a slit in her bottom gum with tiny tooth bumps poking through! We have a tooth! Several days later I noticed that her top gum was swollen and sore looking too, and, BINGO, we had tooth number two. Then I noticed the other top, front gum was looking like it was going to pop; but, no luck yet. Gillian really has done very well with teething. She's a little testy every once in a while, but in general has done very well. She will not, however, let us get a picture of her teeth.

What about Colin? Well, he says he will get a tooth when he darn well pleases, and not a moment sooner. (Really, his top gums are swollen and I would guess that we'll see a tooth in the next few weeks)

No comments: