Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sweet Freedom!

DSC_0043.NEF

One of Michael's co-workers got married over Labor Day weekend, and it was a VERY cool event, so we were pretty excited to be invited. I had asked my mom and Greg to watch the babies for us so we could go to the wedding, and somehow my mom ended up talking me into sending C&G to her house for two days! So, on Saturday of Labor Day weekend, we had the extended Uhl family at our house for lunch, and then we sent the kiddos up north with Grammy and Grandpa Uhl. I will admit, there were some tears on my part!

Well, Colin and Gillian spent a few hours with Grammy and Grandpa at their house. They had some supper and played with Jessica and Joe. Apparently, there was much fun to be had by all, as Jess and Joe used some little riding toys to have races with the babies! Grammy has some pictures but I don't have them handy to post.

Colin and Gillian were delivered to Grandma RoRo and Grandpa Greg's house for bath and bedtime. They had a great day on Sunday too! They went to church with Grandma and Grandpa, and they were very well behaved, I hear. Then they spent the afternoon and evening visiting with Uncle Stevie and Aunt Emily. I am sure there are pictures of these events as well, but I don't have them! Monday morning, Colin was up early and wanted to come home!!

In the meantime.....Michael and I were enjoying the heck out of ourselves. Well, I was anyway. Michael spent a large portion of Saturday and Sunday powerwashing and sealing the deck! I went to Target and TOOK MY TIME shopping! I also ran a few more errands without worrying about naps or bottles! We also took the opportunity to go see a movie. We saw "500 Days of Summer," and we highly recommend it! On Sunday morning we slept in a little and then went out to breakfast. I love going out for breakfast and it's just something that we don't get to do anymore, so it was a special treat.

The aforementioned wedding was Sunday evening! Why were we so excited, you may ask. Well, because the reception was held at the PPG Aquarium! After the zoo was closed for the day, the zoo staff set up tables, a dance floor, bars, and buffet line all on the main floor of the aquarium, and the wedding guests had the place all to themselves! If you have ever been to the aquarium, you will know exactly how crowded it gets in there! It was so cool to take your time and look at everything for as long as you wanted.

A picture of Al, Maria, and me waiting for the shuttle from the gate to the aquarium.
DSC_0026.NEF

For me, the best part was the penguins! Did you know that the sound from their enclosure is piped into the viewing area? NO? That's because it's always so loud in there! It was fun to hear them squawking and splashing!
DSC_0033.NEF
By the time we left around 11:00, they were all settled down and sleeping for the night! Good night penguins!

The big grouper fish pictured at the top of the post lives in the two story tall shark tank. He amused most of the wedding guests all evening by just hanging out at eye level and STARING at everyone. He had an especially keen eye for the young lady serving the fish in the buffet line!

We were very happy to see Colin and Gillian on Monday morning! They seemed to enjoy their little independent vacation, and Michael and I enjoyed a few, brief days of refound freedom!

No comments: