Saturday, November 7, 2009

Artists in Residence....

I have been meaning to break out the art supplies with Colin and Gillian for a while now, but really hadn't gotten up my nerve. They received some nice markers and paper for the birthday from Mrs. Kathy and family, and I had gotten them nice fat crayons and paper earlier. On Wednesday, I decided it was finally time!

I tapped some paper to the coffee table and got out two, fat crayons. I broke the crayons in half, since their hands are so little. They did show some interest, and liked it when I scribbled. Gillian eventually made some dot, dot, dots of her own. Colin mostly wanted to take the crayon and run (and then eat it). Hopefully with more exposure, they will be making some real masterpieces soon.

Colin was such a ham for the camera! You can see the beginnings of the nasty cold he has now...
IMG_0195.JPG

Gillian doing her most recent funny facial expression, we call it "Muppet Face." She was really getting into the coloring!
IMG_0194.JPG

This is Gillie's other common facial expression right now, the open mouth-stick out tongue face....
IMG_0193.JPG

Orange crayons taste the best, apparently:
IMG_0192.JPG

TADA!
IMG_0191.JPG

4 comments:

Ynn said...

What talent! What color sense! What a precocious underdtanding of movement! Masterful! Looks like they had fun and that's all that matters.

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Oh, these pictures are so cute! They look they had lots of fun!...Lori & Rachel

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Lea, just thought of you and the kiddos today. Rachel and I went to ToysRUs and I found a little Artist's smock/apron that is plastic and has paint splotches all over it. (ties at neck and waist) It reads "Artist in Training" on the front. It was only $2 and I bought one for Rachel. I like it because it is little. I plan to do a "paintshirt" when she gets bigger...maybe personalized or something, but this is cute for now. Just sharing:)...Lori

Jessica said...

I too often have the "Muppet Face" when working on a project.