Thursday, May 13, 2010

How to Wrestle Alligators (AKA My Mother's Day Photos)

I had a lovely second Mother's Day! I was certainly better rested than I was for my first Mother's Day. That, in itself, is enough reason to celebrate in my book.

We had a pretty low key day; up early with the kids and waiting for the Grandmas. We also had Uncle Stevie and Aunt Emily visiting for the weekend, so it was a full house by 11:30. Grandma RoRo, Grammy Lynn, Grandpa Frank, Uncle Stevie, Aunt Emily, Michael, Colin, Gillian, and I met Uncle D and Aunt Mercedes for lunch. Yes, a large crowd. We had a nice, but not speedy, lunch and headed home.

I drank tea and watched the TiVo during naptime while Michael mowed the lawn. After the kids got up, we bundled up and played outside for a while. Then dinner and bed for the kiddos. Michael was nice enough to treat me to a movie COMPLETELY of MY choosing in the evening. I chose "It's Complicated," and I really enjoyed it. Michael did not. I think this is my new Mother's Day tradition!!

Before lunch I asked Michael to try to get a picture of the kiddos and me. Um, this is what we got:
DSC_0020.NEF
DSC_0018.NEF
DSC_0017.NEF

Aaaaaannnndddd, the winner!
DSC_0016.NEF

Yeah, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Probably the greatest Mother's Day photo shoot I've ever seen! LOVE it! Glad it was a good one:).

Ashley said...

That's so funny!

Ynn said...

I wondered if any of those pictures would turn out OK. Now I have my answer. So much more typical of your days than two perfectly well-dresses, perfectly behaved, perfectly smiling babies! I love these!

Mama said...

You are right, our attempts at pictures with our kids went much the same. At least you got one with 2/3 looking happy and at the camera. I think I was the only one in most of mine! Next year will be better! Sounds like you had a great day! I love the movie tradition you've started!

Suzi said...

I love the pictures!!
The other night when I got to watch a movie completely of my chosing it was "It's Complicated" as well!! The actors totally made the movie. :) Happy belated mom's day!