Thursday, May 6, 2010

School Days, School Days!

Last Friday was a big day for C&G! Since they are officially 18 months old, they are old enough to join me at the school for daycare! Miss Amy, our regular babysitter, is awesome, and she will still come to the house every Thursday to watch the kiddos. And Daddy has them every other Friday on his day off, but Grandma RoRo had been driving over 2 hours the other Fridays to watch them, and that needed to stop. We loved having Grandma visit every other week, and she loved watching them, but it was getting to be too much for her, especially in the winter! I also thought it was time for my little monsters to get some experience with other kids and try out some new experiences. (Oh, the employee discount for daycare didn't hurt either!)

I had to get Colin and Gillian up a bit early to be at school by 8:00 (the worst part is that we have a 50 minute drive to school), but they woke up happy and raring to go! So, I got them dressed and shuffled us all to the car. They snacked on cheerios and milk in the car, and Colin kept us entertained by pointing out every bus and truck along the way. I grabbed a couple of quick pictures on the way:

(Oh yes, Baby came with us.)
IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG


They were totally fascinated by their classroom and immediately warmed-up to their new teacher, Miss Linda. It was nice that there were only two other toddlers in the room that day; there were two other little boys that are about 2 1/2 years old. I was a brave toaster and only stayed for a few minutes then left. No one cared. At all. Awesome?

I actually had a paperwork day last Friday, so there weren't any kids to see, so I sat at my desk and did paperwork all morning. The teacher I work with, Miss Laine, was kind enough to take the camera to the gym when the kids had gross motor time and she took a few pictures and a little video for me. I can tell you that I heard Colin laughing his head off the entire them they were in the gym! I could tell he was loving it!
IMG_0423.JPG

(This video is mostly Colin, but you can see Gillian and baby in the background)


After the kiddos had eaten lunch, and Miss Linda called them little piggies, I went back to their room to pick them up to head home! I could tell they were exhausted, but they seemed pretty pleased to see me! They made some awesome glitter spider webs, played with play-do for the first time, and enjoyed themselves so much! Miss Linda said that were just such happy children and were so much fun to have in class! She said that Gillian really like playing housekeeping in the kitchen and that Colin really liked dancing and music! Yay! Makes a mommy proud!

So, off we headed for home and a nap. The thing I was most nervous about was that they would nap in the car for 30 minutes, and then not nap when we got home. That would make me cry. Colin was quite happy to stay awake, ok, not totally happy, there was some whining, but he was awake at least! Gillian, on the other hand, wanted to fall asleep within five minutes. I kept her awake for about 20 minutes, but then I lost that battle. Majorly:
DSC00016.JPG

Luckily, she fell back asleep when we got home. At least for a little while!

So, good first day of school! We got back next Friday for round two!!

2 comments:

Mama said...

Looks like they had a great time! Love the picture of Gillie sleeping in the car - fantastic!!

Unknown said...

she looked like that after the wedding :P