Friday, February 18, 2011

Sending Some Valentine Love

During the first two weeks of February, the kids I worked on homemade Valentines for some of our loved ones. And I apologize if you didn't receive one....they were a hot commodity and the two year old attention span is very short. If you are heartbroken, let me know and we'll work some leprechaun magic for you.

Anyway, we started with plain, white paper and some watercolor paints. C&G had never used watercolor paints before, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well they liked them and how well they USED them. YAY!
IMG_1051.JPG
IMG_1050.JPG
Not sure why they have so many teeth in those pictures!

Then I made a heart template and cut hearts from the prettiest portions of the water color paintings. Then the kids decorated the hearts with lovely stickers from the $1 bin at Target!
IMG_1052.JPG
IMG_1053.JPG

And, TA DA!
IMG_1058.JPG
They look a little dull in these pictures, but they were actually pretty cute. We had fun making up our little Valentines. I think we'll do it again next year!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I was so excited to get my valentine! It's really quite vibrant and beautiful in real life. It's hanging next to my bench, on my bulletin board, at work:)

Marie said...

Those are beautiful!! I am definitely stashing that idea away for next year at our house.

And "Happy Merry Valentines Day" is about the cutest thing I have ever heard!

crazymelvis said...

They look terrific! I want to try that out. Maybe we will make Easter eggs.

crazymelvis said...

That's stephca by the way.