Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sweet Treats!

Out of the blue a few weeks ago Colin asked me for M&Ms, which is funny since he doesn't really like sweets. I told him I didn't have any, then he told me "Buy some the store, Mommy." Oh, really??? Glad he figured out that particular fact of life....need it, don't have it, go buy it! That happened early.

Anyway, nice Mommy that I am, I picked up some M&Ms for them. I wasn't sure that Colin would eat them, but I knew Gillian would (she's a sugar fiend, like me). Turns out, Colin does enjoy M&Ms!
IMG_1067.JPG

And, of course, Gillian does too!
IMG_1068.JPG

Now the kiddos (mostly G) ask for M&Ms daily. We have had lots of conversations about them being a treat. And more specifically, that M&Ms are NOT FRUIT. So, I'll give them 8 or 10 M&Ms once a day if they ask after they've eaten a good lunch or dinner. I probably won't refresh the stash when it's gone, but it is good to know that I have a potty training weapon when I need it!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

M&Ms are a great potty training weapon. That's funny that he asked you that out of the blue when he doesn't like sweets!

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

M&Ms are a big hit in our house too! It started with potty training in October. R reminds me at the store.She tells me two for pee and one for poo...which is backwards but funny:). I buy the mini M&Ms because of the potty training reward thing. Didn't want her to have too many. What made Colin think of them, I wonder? Such a smarty..."Go to the store, Mommy." What a great treat! (I love them too:)) Lori