Monday, March 14, 2011

A Max and Ruby Inspired Failure....

As previously mentioned, Max & Ruby is a big hit around here! One of C&G's favorite episodes is one where Ruby and Max pick a big bunch of berries because their Grandma promised to make them a surprise with the berries. As usual, hilarity ensues ending with Max squishing all of the berries in a toy cement mixer! Ruby is crushed, but Grandma reassures her that it is ALL FINE! Grandma was planning on making SMOOTHIES all along!

Colin and Gillian tell me about smoothies all the TIME, and about blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries. And how Max squishes them in the truck! So, I thought I'd be a nice, fun Mommy and make them (their first) smoothies for snack one day last week!

So after nap we got out vanilla yogurt, frozen berries, some ice cubes, and milk. We set up the food processor and got to work. The kids were all interested and excited!
DSC_0068.NEF

So we whirled up smoothies and put them in our straw cups! JUST LIKE MAX AND RUBY!! And they kids were......confused???
DSC_0071.NEF

DSC_0073.NEF

Ok, so maybe the smoothies were alright?
DSC_0077.NEF

Um. No. No love for the smoothies. Both kids drank a little bit and asked for water. I thought they were pretty yummy though. Thanks a lot Max and Ruby. That's what I get for being nice and fun, huh?

2 comments:

the edwards clan said...

Great try, Mommy. I LOVE their facial expressions -- priceless!! My kids aren't really smoothie fans either. Their loss!!!

Unknown said...

I literally laughed until I cried looking at Gillian's expression.