Thursday, March 10, 2011

Off Visiting

Last weekend the kiddos and I headed north for the weekend, leaving Daddy at home to fend for himself! He seemed ok with it, since he had some overtime to work and a Video-game/Man Party to attend. Oh, and he cleaned the house. Thank you very much!

So Friday evening we headed over to Grammy and Papa Frank's house for dinner. Papa has been working on his train set up in the basement and he was pretty excited to show Colin his handiwork!
IMG_1112.JPG
Colin and Gillian were suitably impressed, I think! We had a nice dinner with Papa and Grammy and the kids always love to play with their grandparents!

Saturday we spent most of the day at Great-Grandma Smith's house. My Aunt Lori had made new curtains for Grandma's bedroom. They are lovely, unfortunately they didn't match the 20 year old wallpaper in the bedroom! So, the plan was to remove the wallpaper and paint the room. In.one.day. I did not make this plan.....

So, we worked....
IMG_1115.JPG
IMG_1119.JPG
(Ok, so when I took the kids for a nap, I fell sound asleep too...)

At the end of the day 3 of 4 walls were stripped. Even with this kind of help!
IMG_1118.JPG

Sunday morning we packed up, and went to visit Dickiedoo and Noonie for breakfast! Mmmmm, bacon! And doughnuts! Sadly, I didn't have the camera with me!

Then we went home to see DADDY!!! And I took another nap.

No comments: