Friday, October 28, 2011

Birthday Treats: What Did I DO?

The Friday before their birthday, Colin and Gillian were assigned to bring snack for school and they could bring "treats" instead of the usual "healthy" assignment. So a month or so ago, I was looking through my Everyday Food magazine and G spotted a page of chocolate and sprinkle covered cake pops. She wanted them. Colin agreed (goof ball that he is, since he doesn't EAT cake). So I asked them if they wanted them for their school treats. Even though they didn't understand that AT ALL, they agreed.

So, I gathered supplies. And planned. Finally, it was time to assemble! Ok, so I love to bake. And cook. But, my style is pretty simple. I don't do fussy or fancy or decorated. Chocolate chip cookies or brownies are more my style. See what I do for these children? The whole time I was working on them, I was laughing. This was SO not me. I am NOT a Martha!

The results!


(If interested: Store bought pound cake, 1 inch slices, cut with pumpkin cookie cutter, dipped in melted chocolate, and Halloween sprinkles, cool in frig with stick)

We also picked out a barrel of pretzel sticks to go with the cake pops. For Colin. Daddy took the kids and treats to school on Friday since I had to work. So, I didn't get a first hand report on the treats. But Gillian swears she ate one!

3 comments:

Breanna said...

Those look awesome, Lea! :)

the psu edwards clan said...

VERY cute, Lea!!!! Well done!

Lisa said...

These look fantastic, Lea! Very cute... I may have to "borrow" that idea at some point.