Thursday, May 17, 2012

Beary Special Tea

Last Friday the kids invited me to their "Beary Special Tea" party at school. I was happy to accept! Daddy had to work and since he had just been in the week before to read, we decided it was probably ok for just Mommy to come to tea. And it turns out that all of their classmates had Mommy there too, so while it wasn't meant as a Mother's Day event, it kind of turned out that way!

As we arrived, Miss Heather had us wait in the hall and she called all the Moms in one at a time so our kid/s could give us a bear they had made and a hug. Then we all sat a table that the kids had made a "centerpiece" for. Apparently they had a ball arranging the artificial flowers in cups for the table. Colin was sure to point them out to me.

For our special treat we each got a pretzel rod, a big marshmallow, some icing, and some rainbow sprinkles. I'm pretty sure this treat was imagined with the kids in mind, NOT their guests! Holy sweet! Anyway, they were enjoyed!
IMG_2196.JPG
IMG_2194.JPG
(Colin just kind of nibbled at his until I removed the marshmallow, then he devoured the pretzel.)

One of the other Moms was kind enough to take a picture of the three of us.
IMG_2197.JPG

A Beary Special treat indeed!

1 comment:

Mama said...

Sounds like a great time! I love the picture of the 3 of you! Your haircut is great! I wish I had the courage to go that short! It's gorgeous! I hope you are all doing well, but it sounds as if you are!