Friday, May 18, 2012

M-Day 2012

Mother's Day once again. I don't think we've quite yet hit upon a tradition that we will continue year after year except that the day is spent together and with Grandmas! Oh well. On actual Mother's Day we met Grammy, Papa Frank, and Uncle D at a local place for brunch. The kids were excited since they are super into restaurants lately. Especially if they can order "chicken nuggets, french fries, milk, and ketcup." Luckily they let us order OTHER food for ourselves! It was a nice lunch and since I had a mimosa with brunch, I joined the kids in sleeping at nap time. Since it was a rainy, dreary day, we just hung out at home, watched a movie together, and had breakfast for dinner to wrap up the day.

Before we went to lunch I asked Daddy to take our traditional Mom and Kids picture. Oh, the cheese faces. We really need to do something about that. And, yes, I bribed them again to take pictures with me. So what.

DSC_0014.NEF
DSC_0013.NEF
DSC_0012.NEF

We spent the day before Mother's Day with GraGra and Papa since they were down that Friday for Uncle Willis' law school graduation. We had donuts for breakfast, visited our peacock friend, and got lots of playground time. That was a nice day too! But no pictures!

And for myself??? Daddy and I made an arrangement the week earlier for him to be IN CHARGE while I had a day to myself. I shopped leisurely by MYSELF, had lunch by MYSELF, and treated myself to a pedicure. Perfect. And very much enjoyed. Thanks, Daddy.

Oh, the pictures from our previous annual Mom and Kids photo can be seen here, if you have an interest:
2009
2010
2011

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Such a good idea to take that picture every year! I like your haircut.

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Love the pictures:)...wish I would have thought to do this every year!

Patty said...

I love the pictures, too, and wish we had done that the past few years. I guess we can start with next year :-)