Thursday, December 6, 2012

Fun on Daddy's Day Off

Last week Daddy took a vacation day and we headed off bright and early to the Science Center.  The kids have been asking to go and a new astronaut exhibit had opened, so we had lots of reasons to go!

NASA bound:
PB280706.JPG
PB280707.JPG
PB280709.JPG

Next we made Daddy try the zero-gravity simulator.  It was harder than it looks, apparently.
PB280710.JPG
PB280713.JPG
PB280715.JPG

You should have seen him ZIP up to the top, all out of control.  Tough stuff, this astronauting.

Gillian and I did some micro-surgery.  We have skills.
PB280720.JPG

Colin making some sound waves.
PB280724.JPG

Our friend R2D2.  And a silly faced Colin.
PB280727.JPG

We spent a lot of time in the train exhibit this time.  They even had out their Polar Express model.
PB280729.JPG
PB280735.JPG

We all enjoyed the "working weightless in space" station.
PB280736.JPG
PB280737.JPG
PB280738.JPG
PB280740.JPG

We spent quite a bit of time with the big aquariums as well. And we ran into the aquarium caretaker, who kindly explained many things to us!
PB280745.JPG
PB280747.JPG
PB280748.JPG

The next picture is to illustrate my daughter's personality to a T.
PB280751.JPG
At the top of that ball and bucket elevator is a bin that fills with balls, a bell rings, and it opens and rains down balls. The typical 3 or 4 year old would plop a ball in a bucket, run it up the elevator, and move on. My daughter looked at it and came up with a plan. She filled one bucket, rolled the elevator up ONE bucket, filled the new bucket, REPEAT TWENTY TIMES. Until she filled the whole darn bin at the top and TA DA! It rained balls. Planning, forethought, stubbornness, brilliance, and tenacity. Yep, that's my daughter. And that's what makes it so interesting to parent her!

PB280753.JPG
PB280755.JPG

Three legged lizard. NOT dead. Just caught it while it was doing flips. I have no idea why it was flipping.
PB280757.JPG

The boys went to see the submarine (G and I don't enjoy enclosed spaces), but G and I headed to the Sports Works to jump.
PB280758.JPG
PB280759.JPG
PB280766.JPG
She did a few flips too! And I took a turn too! Sadly, G did not take my picture though! We got to take so many turn on the trampoline this time! There was NO LINE. Unheard of. Highly recommend the Science Center on a Wednesday afternoon.

So glad we have a membership! And a Daddy that takes days off!

3 comments:

Patty said...

What a great science center! Sounds like everyone had a great time! I love what G did with the ball and bucket elevator, and I'm guessing C loved the trains!

Marie said...

That is one awesome science center!!!! My kid would love it!!!!!!

Mama Up! said...

Goodness, that looks like a fabulous science center! I wish I could visit that exhibit!