Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Missy.

I've been meaning to blog about Missy for many months now, but never got around to it. I need to get it written down though because Missy is certainly worth remembering. Last spring (I think. It was warmish and a while a go) Colin and Gillian got their hands on old cell phones of ours. They carry them around and love the heck out of them. STILL DO.

So, we were playing around outside and Gillian had her phone. She kept pretending it was ringing. She'd answer it, talk for a minute, and hang up. Then she'd tell me she got a text. Or she needed to check her voice mail. After I contained my giggles, I asked her who she was talking to and who was texting her so much. Her answer? Missy. MISSY? (We don't know ANYONE named Missy)

"Who is Missy?" I ask.
"My coworker." says Gillian.

Okay then. That clears it up. So, on and off since last spring, nine or ten months now, we hear about Missy. Missy calls, Missy texts. Gillian is frequently perturbed with the frequency of Missy's needs. Occasionally Missy comes to visit us. On her days off. Oh yeah, Missy works one day on, one day off, one day on, one day off, repeat as needed. Poor woman.

The ONE thing we could not get Gillian to tell us is WHERE she and Missy work. We just couldn't get an answer. UNTIL two weeks ago. Daddy was taking Gillian to dance class on a Friday morning....and she finally revealed the answer. Missy and Gillian work AT THE LIBRARY. Reportedly they "check out books and tell story classes." And have emergency drills everyday. Or every Monday. They practice having fires near their library.

What a HOOT.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

OMG I love this. That G... She is too funny!