Tuesday, March 5, 2013

So, THIS happened....



In between snotty noses, weekends away, visiting grandparents, and Great-Grandpa having surgery, Colin decided he was ready to put all the literary pieces together and READ. He's recognized a handful of sight words for a while now, like STOP, GO, COLIN, GILLIAN, but last Wednesday I was putting my shoes on in my bedroom and he asked me, "What does LLLLLL OOOOOO FFFFF TTTT spell?" And, yep, I had a LOFT bag hanging on my closet door! So, that evening Daddy wrote a few words down for him and he could sound out a bunch of them. He is, of course, not perfect, but I think he's pretty spectacular for a four year old!!

4 comments:

Patty said...

Awesome, Colin! So exciting! Happy reading!

Jessica said...

Cliff-hanger! What was the tricky word?

Soxfan said...

Let's try a tricky word! OMG he's a genius, obviously. So awesome.

Lisa said...

Awesome! Way to go, Colin!