Friday, January 28, 2011

Here We Go, Steelers!!!

DSC_0021.NEF

It shouldn't be news to anyone that the Pittsburgh Steelers are headed to the Super Bowl in about 10 days! Wait, what? Not everyone is obsessed with the Steelers, like me?

Actually, Michael is not a fan. At all. I might actually call him an anti-fan, but that might require too much effort for his liking. Luckily, he humors me a lot of the time, and took some great pictures of the kiddos wearing their Steeler gear last Sunday.

It's still pretty difficult to get both kids to look good in the same picture, but they were cute anyway!

Things started out pretty calm:
DSC_0003.NEF

Then got a little sillier:
DSC_0009.NEF
Oh, and yes, Gillian is wearing a tutu with her Steeler shirt. Don't you?

Then we totally lost control. Not that we ever HAD control.
DSC_0017.NEF

DSC_0040.NEF

DSC_0052.NEF

DSC_0034.NEF

Oh, and my favorite picture of the day...Gillian has a booboo on her foot and she made Colin kiss it. And he was happy to do it!
DSC_0032.NEF
Now, that's LOVE.

What funny kids. We're practicing our Steeler cheers and song. We'll be ready for the BIG day!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Very cute! (Even though they are wearing black and not green with the gold) :) And you're right- the tutu just completes the look. I completely understand your obsession... I'm the same way with the Packers. And now it's just fun that we can dress our kids up in all the cute gear and turn them into obsessed mini-fans! I put Dylan and Jacob on the Packers season ticket waiting list the week they were born. Jacob is at 84,000-something. We've got a ways to go...

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Great pictures! I am not a Steeler fan but my WHOLE family is, so LOTS of happy people back home! I will be cheering for them though as I am even more NOT a Packers fan! Rachel got a Steelers t-shirt as a gift way back when a tiny baby...guess I'll have to break it out and take some pictures of her in it:)...Go Steelers! (did I really just type that?!)

the edwards clan said...

Okay, so...I'm SO not into the NFL...so I didn't even know until reading this that the Steelers are in the Super Bowl (is that this Sunday?). However, I love that you get your kids all geared up as fans....just as long as you keep a proper balance (well, not really a balance...) with Penn State gear (there should, of course, be more PSU gear in the house than Steelers gear). Happy cheering!

the edwards clan said...

P.S. GREAT pictures!!!!