Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"I AM a Ballerina!"

Last week Gillian went to "Sleeping Beauty Ballet Camp" at one of our local ballet studios. She was pretty excited. She's been feeling the "ballet bug" for quite a while! Her class ran Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons for an hour. Just the right length for an introduction!

So excited!
IMG_2408.JPG

She ran right in the door to her first class and didn't look back! There wasn't a way to see into the studio, so I couldn't check out her moves, but she reported that they "skipped and twirled" a lot. And they wore special pink or purple tutus in class. When the Monday class was over, G burst out of the studio, gave me a big grin, and yelled, "I AM A BALLERINA!" One class is all it took, apparently.

IMG_2409.JPG

On Friday, the parents were invited into the studio for a little 5 minute "demonstration" of what they learned.

Baby ballerinas!
IMG_2411.JPG

I caught a short video. Gillian is cracking me UP. Her pause before her leap and her final, flourishing spin are just too much.


My silly girl.
IMG_2414.JPG
IMG_2415.JPG
IMG_2416.JPG

There will definitely be a dance class in Miss Gillian's future this fall!

(And the boy? Well, Monday and Wednesday he had to go with me to sit and wait for Sis. On Monday he was a bit disgruntled about missing the fun in the studio and insisted that I SIGN HIM UP. By Wednesday he was ok and just played iPad for an hour. And on Friday, Daddy was home and took him the playground instead and that made him VERY happy!)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

She is so hilarious! I LOVE girly girls, they are the best!

Rhonda said...

Super cute!!! A natural dancer! :)

Suzi said...

She is so dang cute! That excited smile is so awesome. Yay G!

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Aw! Love it! So cute:)...Rachel is all set to do a Fairy Princess Dance Camp next week...I can't wait:)...