Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Annual Corn Measurements!

On the 5th of July we took a trip out to GraGra and the Great-Grandparent's place to measure the corn, our annual tradition. The corn looks FANTASTIC this year. It's been so warm for so long and so far it has rained enough. The field we found was actually OVER the kids' heads this year.
DSC_0094.NEF

In this picture they were actually counting how many "units" high the corn was. I think that one was 10 units high. Confusingly, the next TALLER one they counted was only six units. But, they were enthusiastic about it!
DSC_0090.NEF
DSC_0089.NEF
DSC_0088.NEF
DSC_0087.NEF

I think this was the kids' most favorable response to measuring corn yet! YAY! I love to get these pictures every year! You can check out the links to previous years below.


2009
2010
2011

3 comments:

Soxfan said...

Lea, I love your various series of pictures through the years, but the corn is my favorite! I remember this post from last year! Your kiddos are so big and adorable and funny -Soxfan

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

How fun to look back over the years! Goodness, it is high this year! Adorable watermelon outfit:)...

Mercedes said...

Love that you post links to previous years' photos :) Also love that there is actually a picture with me in it :P