Monday, September 29, 2008

Favorite Pregnancy Picture

So I had thought that the whole pregnancy period was going to be some sort of photographic cornucopia, but alas things have been so crazy that it really hasn't worked out that way. Between trips to the hospital, getting the nursery ready, and generally doing those things that are normally done by two people, the time and energy for photography really wasn't there. One brief respite was our trip home over the Fourth of July.

We went downtown to watch the end of the parade (we missed the Budweiser Clydesdales which apparently were the highlight) and decided to wait around for the fireworks. Because it's a good several hours between the end of the parade and the beginning of the fireworks, you have to pick up some food. The lines were tremendously long everywhere except at the donut booth and the dairy council trailer - and this fact pretty much made our choices for us (nutritious, I know). Anyway, I went for donuts and Lea went for a milkshake. The donut line being shorter, this provided me with an opportunity for a photo.

July 4

This is my favorite photo from this whole hectic period. It seems very calm, and innocent, and altogether pleasing. (Currently I'm a bit more enamored of this version which has been photoshopped to give it a cross-processed look.)

Anyway, I'm sure that once the little ones get here there'll be a lot more time for photography...

2 comments:

The Edwards Clan said...

First off, let me just say how excited I am that you guys have a blog now!!! Second, very sweet picture. Lea, it's so neat for me to see you pregnant!!! I know it's been an extremely challenging pregnancy, but enjoy the remainder of it. Obviously, once your babies get here you will be overjoyed...but you will also be overwhelmed. :o) For now, try to relax and marvel at this miracle happening inside your amazing body.

Unknown said...

ok, so this is the first time that I knew you have been in the hospital multiple times!!!! David is very bad, very bad indeed. I only knew of one time, and that is only because I was home when Lynn called about it. LOL. But I am glad you are well and the babies are too. I can't wait to meet them :) They are coming soon! I think about them and you every day :)

P.S. Make sure someone calls me when you are in labor, because I don't think David will tell me, lol.