Saturday, September 27, 2008

Quilt craziness

I wanted to show everyone the beautiful quilts that Michael's Aunt Sharon and his mom made for Alpha and Omega.

DSC_0066.NEF
Lynn made this quilt called Space: Not Just for Boys Anymore. Michael really wanted to do the nursery in rockets and space because he wants the kids to love science and other nerdy stuff (as opposed to being a silly teacher or social worker or other nonsense). So, his mom made this beautiful quilt with planets and astronauts. Pretty cool.

DSC_0063.NEF
Lynn also made this quilt called Country Kids. The fabric has chicks, lambs, and bunnies and was made for me. I wanted a farm nursery, but since I wasn't the one painting and doing all the work, I obviously lost that one. But, the quilt is beautiful.

DSC_0058.NEF
Aunt Sharon made this Cat Quilt. Now, if I can only keep my cats off of it. The border is quilted with the word "Meow."

DSC_0060.NEF
Another bright and cheery quilt made by Aunt Sharon. We had to promise to use and use and use these quilts instead of saving them. Will do.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautious!

The Edwards Clan said...

Beautiful quilts!!! I started quilting last year so I can definitely appreciate all of the hard work and beauty of these quilts. Enjoy them!!

Sorry about losing out on the farm theme. But, space is really cool, too!