Monday, November 10, 2008

Math's Lecture

So last evening we had the rare treat of having both babies awake and pleasant for several hours. Daddy took this as an opportunity to give the babies a lecture on metric vs. English units and converting between the two. So, he instructed Gillie and Colin on how much mass they had and the difference between mass and weight and how much gravity is on Earth. It was highly enlightening. I can say that Gillie seemed very interested, but Colin seemed to prefer looking at the light. All in all, I think that Daddy enjoyed himself the most. It was very cute.

The babies then proceeded to have an awful night and no one got any sleep! Maybe the maths were too exciting.

4 comments:

Ynn said...

I would have fallen asleep during the instruction! Sorry to hear you had a bad night, but I wish I could have witnessed the Daddy lecture. I'll bet he didn't dumb it down any either!

Anonymous said...

I bet they not sleep because you didn clarify weight versus mass and proper analysis unit.

- IJ

Jessica said...

Maybe Colin is a visual learner. Maybe he needs diagrams.

Unknown said...

Maybe math is just too much for them!!