Sunday, January 31, 2010

Helicopters

So Lea and the kids were kind enough to get me a miniature remote controlled helicopter for Christmas. Observe the look of joy on my face as I practice flying it before we head North for Christmas proper.
IMG_0298.JPG
Well it turns out that the kids LOVE to watch it fly. They Love the Helicopter. They love it so much that when I come home from work, they run over to the door in the entertainment center where I keep the it and pound on the door until I get the helicopter out (this pounding is behavior that we'll have to modify, but anyway...).

Well, it turns out that it's not just actual flying helicopters that they like but even non-flying ones too. We went on an outing to Barnes and Noble today so that we could get them some new books. After playing for a while in one end of the kids' section, we migrated down toward the other end. There we discovered a train table outfitted with Thomas the Tank Engine trains. Among the trains Gillian discovered the "Harold", the helicopter that goes along with the trains. After finding it, she started to fly it around the kids' section:

(I apologize for the poor quality of the video, it's my first cell phone video). When Gillian eventually got tired, Colin had to pick it up and fly it around too. They're OBSESSED with helicopters! I see this as a hopeful sign that they'll be engineers.

2 comments:

Ynn said...

Grandpa and I appreciate our little pilot spinning around with her helicopter. Uncle David said they were upset with him on Friday because they wanted him to "fly" they at the same time. They seem to be into air transportation right now. We did love the video. We were missing them.

the edwards clan said...

That's so cute!! Just think, Michael, only five more years until they're old enough to be in Jr. FIRST LEGO League -- where they'll get to learn all about cool science & engineering stuff -- like helicopters!!! (the theme this year was "Smart Move" -- transportation!!!) :o)