Saturday, February 20, 2010

(Pre-)Valentine's Day Fun!

Valentine's day with twins... what to say? Remember how the kids love helicopters? Well, Lea decided that the kids should get helicopters for Valentine's day. They had both liked the "Harold the Helicopter" that they played with at Barnes and Noble, so Lea ordered one for each of them (we haven't quite learned to share one of anything yet, in fact sometime even sharing two of the same thing is difficult). The Harolds had arrived some time before V Day, and it took a good deal of will power to hold off on giving them to the kids - especially when they still run to the entertainment center everyday (several times a day) wanting me to fly the remote controlled helicopter.

Our wills finally gave out on the 13th. The kids have really started to like opening presents:
DSC_0014.NEF
DSC_0017.NEF
And more than opening them, they enjoyed flying their new helicopters...
DSC_0028.NEF
DSC_0025.NEF
And since we were in the business of giving Valentine's day gifts early, the kids and I gave Lea her gift on the 13th too. I'm all too often a lame present giver, and I tried to step up my game this time. As is probably well known, I'm not a fan of overly ornate anything, let alone jewelery. In my browsings around on flickr, I came across photos of jewelery from a small outfit called pineapple seed. Their jewelery was simple and beautiful, and I found a lovely necklace there for Lea.
( Lea says: I have been wanting a "Mommy Necklace," but most of them are just not my style, nor Michael's. He did a wonderful job of finding this lovely necklace made of a simple, larger silver hoop with a clear crystal that represents the "Mommy" and two smaller hoops that represent the "babies", one with a pink crystal and one with a blue crystal. I was very surprised by the gift and I love it!)
DSC_0035.NEF
DSC_0036.NEF
Not being one to wear much bling myself, Lea knew what I would really like for Valentine's... COOKIES! Behold "The Chewy"!
DSC_0039.NEF
I wasn't the only one to enjoy the cookies either, both C&G partook of the chewy goodness.
DSC_0047.NEF
DSC_0049.NEF
All in all, a great (pre-)Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You can never have too many helicopters.

Ynn said...

I've tried to comment 4 times now only to be told that my request can't be filled. So...adorable as always.

Unknown said...

yay, they got hellicopters!! I was looking for helicopters for them the other day, but I failed.