Saturday, June 12, 2010

Funny Story

I had meant to blog this when it happened over Memorial Day weekend, but we were away and then busy (umm, like always?). Anyway, it may explain Gillian's ill will towards her brother.

We were up and around one morning over the holiday weekend at my Mom's house. She has a pretty open floor plan and the kids have free reign of pretty much the entire house (NIGHTMARE for babyproofing!). So, they were wandering here and there, drinking their milk, getting into minor mischief. My mom was making breakfast and we were drinking tea, just hanging out.

Then we hear BANG. Colin had shut the front door of the house, HARD. It had been open to let the cool morning breeze in and just the screen door was shut. I said, "Colin, be careful. You'll shut your fingers in there." So, for the next 3 minutes or so, we are all doing our thing.

Then my mom says, "Where's Gillian?" Huh. No idea.

So, we all look about the house and no one can find her. Not sure who said it first, but I hear, "Did Colin shut her in the DOOR???" So, GraGra RoRo opens the door, and YEP. There's BEAN. Shut between the door and the screen door. She was nonplussed; just looked up at GraGra and held up her milk. Good thing she's skinny. And can hold a grudge, apparently.

1 comment:

Mum said...

OMG! This story made me chuckle but I suspect your adventures are just beginning!