Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Beach Vacation 2010: No More Rain!

Luckily, after one day of rain, the sun returned. Or, at least it was dry on Thursday! Colin was rather insistent that we return to the Ba-BEACH as soon as possible. We were happy to oblige.

So, GraGra had gotten the kids these little wheely, garden buckets for Easter. To my eyes they looked like good candidates for hauling beach crap. And BINGO, they were perfect for just that job. HOWEVER, they were apparently better to fill with water and turn into Toddler Hip Baths! Funtimes!
IMG_0683.JPG

P1040828.JPG

P1040840.JPG

Colin also decided he needed to learn tether ball with Uncle D!
IMG_0693.JPG

Also, creative destruction is fun:
P1040822.JPG

With all the extra adult help around, Mama and Dada actually got to sit and relax, briefly. We got proof!
IMG_0685.JPG
IMG_0684.JPG

After lunch and nap, Michael and I took the kids to downtown Rehoboth to rent bikes. The kids have been admiring the bikes in the park all summer and I thought they might enjoy tooling about on the back of a bike (granted Michael and I have not actually ridden bikes in a loooooooooong time and this could have been a BIG disaster). Colin was rather resistant to the helmet and then to being placed in the bike seat, but mean Mom that I am, I persevered. After a minute of pedaling about, he was content to check things out.

Gillian, on the other hand, L-O-V-E-D it (this is soon to become a theme). Michael reports that she was very happy to ride with him; she was singing little songs, and smiling up a storm. We rode for about 6 miles down to Henlopen and then through downtown Rehoboth (Michael and Bean rode MUCH faster than C and me, and Michael won't let me live it down). Sadly, we had no camera along on this adventure.

After dinner, we decided to run back down to the beach for a little stroll and some fun. Sadly, Bean was very, very grumpy and soon had to leave and went directly to bed. I hear that Colin had a wonderful time talking to the moon that he spied in the sky. We did manage to grab a semi-decent family picture, even though Bean was nearing MELTDOWN mode:
IMG_0698.JPG
(Isn't that lighting the BEST. I mean, I love that light!)

I also grabbed this cute one of tiny little Gillian with giant Grandpa and Dada:
IMG_0694.JPG

1 comment:

Mama said...

Looks like a wonderful, wonderful vacation!