Monday, August 30, 2010

Kids Say the Darnedest Things

So, the kids have been pretty funny lately. Colin is a lot chattier than Gillian, and plus, he thinks he Conan O'Brien, so he gets most of the one liners. But, Bean gets some, on occasion.

Some examples:

We were driving in the car last Sunday before Daddy went back to work after vacation. He said something about "playing catch up..."
Colin: "Ketchup. French Fries! Mmmmmm."

Gillian packs up her baby and backpack and says, "BYE!"
Us: "Where are you going?"
G: "BEACH!!!!"
(Repeat 1000 times in the past 10 days)

C&G: "Honey? Honey? Honey"
Me: "Who's Honey???"
Turns out it's ME! Apparently, I use "honey" a lot when I talk to them, so they are using it on me. It's refreshing after a million MAMAS!

We had a picnic in the park last Friday across from the herd of buffalo that live in the game preserve. Colin took Daddy down to see the herd.
Colin: "Hi." (to the buffalo)
Colin: "FUNNY!"
Colin: "Grass!"
Colin: "Funny buffles!"
Apparently, it was funny that the large herbivores were eating grass.

Getting Colin up EVERY MORNING this week:
Colin: "Daddy?"
Me: "No, Daddy's at work today."
Small pause.
Colin: "WAFFLES!"

Heavens, there have to be a million more, but I can't remember them at the moment. It's never dull, that's for sure.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Whenever I think of Michael, my second thought is also always WAFFLES!

Ashley said...

How cute! Colin has good taste, I also enjoy waffles and french fries with ketchup.

The Edwards Clan said...

Too cute!! It is SO great that you're recording these things, Lea. You will be so glad you have this to look back on someday.

Cheri Pickard said...

I love your blog and the gorgeous photos of your gorgeous children! I also feel I might need to address you as Honey too! Haaahhhaaa! That is super funny!
Thanks for the laugh!
Cheri from Inspire