Friday, September 30, 2011

Boy vs. Girl

The craziness at our house today just illustrates the basic difference between BOY 3 year old and GIRL 3 year old. (Well, almost 3 year olds)

I've been encouraging Colin to be more independent with putting his clothes on. So, after nap, he took his diaper off and got on the potty and did his thing. I left the bathroom for a minute and told him to get his undies and pants back on and wash his hands. I came back a minute later and HOORAY he was all dressed! Well, that went better than I thought it would! He looked correctly assembled, so I left it and we moved on. I come downstairs a few minutes later, look at him, and HEY WAIT! Your underwear are coming out the bottom of your pants! It's ZOOLANDER! Apparently he had just gotten the pants on correctly and forgot the undies. Sigh.

Even better....he got the undies put on, but the pants put on backwards TWICE. I got that straightened out. We ran some errands, played on the playground, and made dinner. In the middle of dinner Colin had to go to the potty, so I get up to make sure the seat is set up for him. And LOW AND BEHOLD, the kid has had his underwear on BACKWARDS since naptime. I give up. I just had to laugh.

Now, Gillian? In this same time period, she has gotten her diaper off, her undies on, her princess dress on, accessorized with wand, purse, bracelet, and HIGH HEELED SHOES. Changed in to her real clothes to run errands, INCLUDING SOCKS AND SHOES, all on her own. Only thing I did was button the back of her shirt.

Sigh.

3 comments:

Rosie Hawthorne said...

This made me laugh out loud.

Lisa said...

At least I'm not alone!!! Dylan just really could care less if he's fully dressed or not, so doesn't put forth much effort in that department. I like that G accessorizes. :)

Rhonda said...

So funny!!!