Thursday, September 29, 2011

September Funnies

I've been trying to keep track of some of the funny stuff the kiddos say and I thought I'd write down a few before the end of the month! (seriously, how is it the end of September already?)

We checked the book "Olivia" out of the library a few weeks ago. I think it spoke to Gillian. Olivia and G have quite a bit in common. Anyway, we were playing out in the yard one morning and I was sitting in the sun in a chair and G looked at me and said, "Are you basking in the sun, Mommy?" Umm, yes Olivia I AM!
DSC_0031.NEF

September brought us a lot of "back to school" commercials, especially the Mini Wheat commercials where the Wheats tell us that they "Keep Kids Full and Focused!" We eat Mini Wheats pretty often (well G and I do) and after watching those commercials for a few weeks, I'd hear the kids at breakfast saying "KEEPS 'EM FOCUSED!!!" Over and over. If only I could get the kids to FOCUS when it's time to leave the house!

Daddy recorded "A Bug's Life" a while ago for the kiddos. I wasn't there the first time they watched it, either that or I was busy around the house. But soon after watching it, the kids came up with this game where they piled all the living room pillows between the couch and the coffee table and jumped off into the pillows while shouting. It took about 20 repetitions of "OOOSEY DOOOSING, COLIN!" and "OOOSEY DOOOSING, GILLIAN!" for me to realize they were saying "Introducing, Colin/Gillian!" I think the circus bugs at the beginning of the movie say something like that while they are performing. Anyway, the OOOSEY DOOOSINGs stuck around for quite a while. Made me laugh every time!

DSC_0033.NEF
Colin has become quite the negotiator. He thinks. If I tell him 3 more minutes or only 2 M&Ms or 2 more turns, he offers me an alternative that HE wants. However, his quantity skills aren't quite up to snuff yet. So if I say, "3 more minutes, Buddy." He says, "NO, TWO MORE!" Umm, ok. Or if I offer him four M&M, he'll yell, "NO THREE!" Sure thing, Mister. Not sure how long it will take for his skills to improve, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Dylan negotiates THE SAME WAY!! Ooozie Dooozing- TOO funny!