Thursday, November 17, 2011

Applesauce and Candid Cameras

Our assignment for Thanksgiving at Great-Grandma's house is applesauce. Oh, and green salad. GraGra gave us a big bag of apples last weekend when we were visiting, so I thought it would be a fun post-nap afternoon activity to whip up our applesauce. (And then freeze it until the big day)

I cut and cooked the apples while the kids napped and let it cool for a bit. Then we set up the food mill and off we went.
IMG_1830.JPG
IMG_1832.JPG

While it was Gillian's turn to turn the mill, Colin got bored. He found the camera and wanted to take some pictures. Ok, fine. Here's his handy work:
IMG_1833.JPG
IMG_1842.JPG
IMG_1844.JPG
IMG_1845.JPG
(I need to get him to work on taking FLATTERING pictures)

Of course, then G wanted a turn. She took a more "still life" approach.
IMG_1846.JPG
IMG_1848.JPG

So, our applesauce turned out super yummy. GraGra had GOOD apples. It was so good that we volunteered to bring applesauce to Grammy's house for Thanksgiving too!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

YUM!!! I LOVE homemade applesauce. And now I think I am going to make some tomorrow... :)