Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Fix It Helpers

Last Sunday Daddy asked Uncle D to come over to help him put in our new storm door on the front of the house. Uncle D kindly agreed to help. We fed him dinner as payment. I was trying to finish watching the Steeler game, so I sent the kids out to "help." I'm so kind.

Colin had been telling us all day that he was going to get his tool box out and help fix the door. I don't think ever got out his tool box, but he did help. Gillian mostly supervised. And banged on things with the rubber mallet.
IMG_1864.JPG
IMG_1865.JPG

Apparently Colin got in on the rubber mallet action too.
IMG_1868.JPG
IMG_1869.JPG

Uncle D and Daddy did a great job. Not much cursing. Nothing broke. No extra runs to the hardware store. It was done and done correctly in 2 1/2 hours. Just in time for dinner. Oh, and the Steelers won.

2 comments:

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

What great helpers:)...This reminded me of cleaning up Rachel's tools one eveing and discovering her hammer was missing. I asked H and he said, "Oh, yea, it's in my toolbox. She brought it out to help me fix something in the garage." P.S. Love G's shoes:)...

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

oops..."DH"...