Friday, December 23, 2011

Cookie Fun

The weekend before Christmas we were quite busy! On Saturday, Grammy and Papa Frank came down for the day with cookies on their agenda! But first, on Friday after nap, the kids and I cheated our way into some sugar cookie dough:


I rolled and cut after the kids went to bed that night. Sadly, one pack only made about 14 LARGE cookies, so Michael had to run out and get another cheater cookie dough mix for me on Saturday! I swear, I bake all my other cookies from scratch, but I CANNOT get sugar cookies to work for me. So, I let that one kind slide and use good old Mrs. Crocker. Thanks to all my friends for that recommendation!

So, on Saturday, the kids were QUITE excited to see Grammy and Papa! We played for a while before hitting the cookie assembly line. The kids were eager to show their grandparents their Elefun game, trains, dolls, and ballet dancing!
DSC_0026.NEF
DSC_0028.NEF

We did the original cookie batch with Grammy and Papa! Green, red, and white icing and lots and lots of sprinkles!
DSC_0019.NEF
DSC_0023.NEF
DSC_0024.NEF

Uncle D and Aunt Cedes came over near lunch time and we had a very nice lunch and visit. By then the second batch of cookies was cool and ready to go. C&G were quite happy to climb back up on the assembly line with Uncle D and Aunt Cedes this time too!
DSC_0035.NEF
DSC_0037.NEF

Oh, and somewhere in here, Gillian found time to make a lovely foam gingerbread house with Grammy. They worked so carefully and beautifully! The house is perfect!
DSC_0031.NEF

So, a nice visit with our family and some cookies in the freezer (minus the few that got munched at lunch!)! I think this a good tradition to keep around for a while!

No comments: