Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Our Letters to Santa!

Right after we got home from our Thanksgiving adventures, we sat down to write our letters to Santa. We wanted him to have time to make sure that he had SOMETHING that was actually on the list!

Gillian and I sat down together and she told me what to write for her. It took her a while to narrow down some specifics for her wishlist. She had been telling us three or four or five different things for weeks!
DSC_0175.NEF

Here's what she settled on:
DSC_0179.NEF
(In case you can't read it: Dear Santa, My name is Gillian. I have been very good this year. Please can you bring me Tinkerbell, Prince Charming, and Baby Cinderella. That's all I need. Love, Gillian. The "That's all I need" was all her idea!)

And she included this picture of Cinderella that she had colored:
DSC_0180.NEF

Colin had Daddy help him with his letter.
DSC_0174.NEF

He also drew this awesome picture of Santa on his letter! It was the first "person" picture that he has ever drawn! Pretty cool! Daddy thinks it looks like Jack Skeleton from Nightmare before Christmas!
DSC_0178.NEF
(His says: Dear Santa, My name is Colin. I have been very good this year. Please could you bring me: A Shed, A Roundhouse, Trains, Thomas, and Annie and Clarabelle. Regards, Colin)

The next morning we took our letters to the mall and mailed them in Santa's special mailbox!
IMG_1879.JPG
Won't be long now until we see if Santa got our mail!!! We are trying so hard to be on the Nice List!

5 comments:

Marie said...

"Regards, Collin" -- LOL!!!!!!!! That Santa face is pretty fantastic. I hope you kept the originals and mailed copies!!!! I guess you've got the photo record, too.... duh.

Anyway -- super duper cute. and now you have to do the North Pole video thing, where Santa talks directly to the kids, using their names and talking about the specific things they asked for. It will BLOW THEIR MINDS.

Mary Ann said...

So dear!

Lisa said...

I love it!! We did a letter too- nice way to nail down what they really want. Of course Dylan had a lot of Lightning stuff on there. :) BTW- love your Steelers shirt. ;)

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Great letters. We do them every year, but we never mailed them. Not sure what I was thinking. Now that Rachel's older...better mail the letter! Some good coloring and drawing too! Good job, C & G! :-)

Jessica said...

Does Colin always sign his letter with, "Regards"?