Saturday, August 29, 2009

Going to the Country!

Phew, it's been a few weeks. I have a lot of blogging to catch up on, but I just can't seem to get ahead these past few weeks. But, I am making myself sit down and take care of a few posts....

My brother, Steven, got married on August 15th. I was off of work the week before the wedding, and so was Grandma RoRo, so it was the perfect time for the babies and I to visit for a while. We sadly had to leave Daddy to work for a few days, but he did join us on Friday for the weekend.

So, while we were at Grandma RoRo's house we went for a walk to visit my Grandpa's cows and miniature donkey, and the horses that board with them. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the donkey to bray on command (imagine?). The horses did neigh and some cows mooed. C&G were unimpressed. Gillian seemed to dig the flower that was tickling her foot though.

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0071.JPG

C&G got to visit with a lot of extended family, including two sets of great-grandparents. We ate dinner with both sets of a Grandparents; as a side note, I got to eat A LOT of my favorite foods that week that Michael doesn't particularly care for, BONUS! I don't seem to have any pictures of dinner with my Grandparents Smith, but I do have these:

Gillian with my Grandpa Bish:
IMG_0084.JPG

Playing with Dickiedoo at Grandma and Grandpa's house:
IMG_0085.JPG

Gillian with Grandma:
IMG_0086.JPG

Gillian also found the child-size rocking chair and tried it out...
IMG_0088.JPG

Before we ate dinner at Grandma Bish's, we went to Dickiedoo's to go swimming in his BIG POOL! This was C&G's first time in a big pool, and it was a huge hit! They loved it; they laughed, and splashed, and had a great time. It was just my Dad and I though, so no pictures of all of the fun. I did get out of the pool to take one of Dickiedoo with Colin and Gillian. We were probably in the water for almost 40 minutes with them!
IMG_0079.JPG

Along with all of this fun, Grandma RoRo, Dickiedoo, Steven, and Emily and her family did A TON OF WEDDING PREP WORK. Seriously, I think they worked themselves silly. You can see Colin and Gillian helping!

(OK, so Steven isn't working in this picture, but he did do a great deal of work!)
IMG_0078.JPG

Gillian being a big help to Aunt Emily!
IMG_0090.JPG

And here's the best picture! Daddy's HERE!
IMG_0091.JPG

It was a very fun week, but tiring! We hope to get to repeat it next summer, with less work!

No comments: