Monday, August 31, 2009

There's Just Something About Babies in Pajamas.....

In case you hadn't noticed, it's chilly at night this week. All summer long our kiddos have been sleeping in onesies and sleepsacks. All last winter, they slept in gowns and either swaddles or sleepsacks. They have never worn pajamas. Ever. But, now it's time.

I've been squirreling away pajamas for them for weeks now, in two sizes and weights (Michael thinks I'm nuts, as usual). I have a small problem of my own with buying pajamas. I cannot walk through the pajama section without wanting at least two new pairs for myself. Sigh.

Anyway, last night was the first night in big kid pajamas. They looked so dang cute; there had to be pictures.

DSC_0009.NEF

DSC_0005.NEF

When we were struggling for so long to have children, I kept picturing clean, happy, sleepy little kids ready for bed all snuggly in pajamas waiting for Mommy and Daddy to come read them a bedtime story. I think that's why babies in pajamas mean so much. So very much.

4 comments:

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

I LOVE babies in jammies too! Rachel spent so much time in preemie and newborn sleepers her first 3 months of life that I do not have many pictures of her in actual little clothes from back then. In the 6-7 weeks we had to get ready before she was born I developed a "thing" for baby sleepers:) I filled each drawer of her dresser with a different size from NB - 9 months:)...We always did sleeper/swaddle or sleeper/sleepsack. I love this post as you can tell:) They look so adorable in their jammies:)...so cozy, cuddly and cute...Lori & Rachel...

Mary Ann said...

I love pajamas too! I love babies in pajamas and I love them for myself. My favorites right now are Karen Neuburger. (Oprah wears them)
I buy them when they are on sale. A bit pricey. Some of my favorite memories of Kelly are in her pajamas.
And she loves pajamas too! Colin and Gillian look absolutely adorable in there pajamas. Pajamas are so comfortable and cozy. Let's hear it for pajamas!

Mama said...

Lea, I'm glad your dream of babies came true! You are a wonderful mother and Colin and Gillie are so lucky to have you! They are super precious in their PJs. Ellie still wears the feetie kind, but I hope she gets some big girl ones for her birthday on Monday. I miss you (and the cool PA fall nights)!

The Edwards Clan said...

I love babies in big kid jammies!!! They look so cute! And, I love why it means so much to you, Lea -- that's so sweet.