Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pumpkin Picking!

Two Saturdays ago, when it was actually a nice, sunny, fall-like day, we took the kiddos to Trax Farm to find some pumpkins! Trax has pretty big Fall Festival type set-up. They have a bounce house, piles of pumpkins, some little arts & crafts and game booths, and some food booths. We really only stayed long enough to pick up pumpkins (and some apple cider). I think Colin and Gillian were a little overwhelmed by the sights and people, as they weren't totally into pumpkin picking. I thought Gillian, especially, would love crawling over the HUGE piles of big pumpkins. But, no, she just sat there. She did like walking all over the sidewalk and such, just not on the pumpkins. Anyway, we picked up two nice, warty pumpkins that we will turn into Jack O'Lanterns sometime next week.

Looking very J. Crew in this shot!
IMG_0132.JPG

Look how nice Colin's face looked! (He has since had another flare up, but I'm trying to get it under control before his big day next week!)
IMG_0140.JPG

2 comments:

Ynn said...

I thought these were adorable pictures. I'm using the one of both of them as the wallpaper on my school computer. I need to go pumpkin picking myself. Grandpa needs a pie!

The Edwards Clan said...

Fall is so much fun, isn't it?! Colin's face does look GREAT! My kids have all had problems with eczema but only Kimmy ever had it on her face -- but just one time when she had a really bad flare up. Benny's still got bad skin but Nick and Kimmy seem to have outgrown it. We'll see what happens with Evan....