Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Last Day

Last Wednesday was our last day of Mommy & We class. The kiddos and I had been going for about a year to a class offered by the company I work for. It's open to children 18 months to 3 years and is lead by the wonderful and amazing Miss Melanie. Colin and Gillian absolutely loved going to that class. As soon as I told them each Wednesday that it was Melanie School Day, I'd get big grins and Colin would tell me, "I think I love Melanie."

Daddy and I are so grateful to Miss Melanie for such a positive first "school" experience for the kiddos. I think those early learning experiences really do set a child up with a mindset that school is either FUN or not-so-fun. We definitely have two HUGE school fans here! C&G are all signed up to go to preschool (without Mommy, as G is sure to tell you) one day a week in the fall. They can already point out "New School" when we drive past it and are quite excited to start after Labor Day!

I only got a couple of pictures from our last day of Melanie School Beach Party. I'll just say that the highlights were push-pops and water balloons!

Gillian playing "store" during free play.
IMG_1390.JPG

Colin showing off the fish we made at craft-tine:
IMG_1391.JPG

We are going to miss Melanie a whole bunch, but we already made promises to meet to go swimming sometime soon!

No comments: