Thursday, March 29, 2012

Chickens and Baby Showers

On St. Patrick's Day I had a baby shower to attend in the Great North for one of my good friends from high school. It was just a quick up and back trip, so I went by myself. It actually turned into a bit of a vacation for me: sunny, beautiful day, quiet car, my own music, seeing friends, and a cupcake. Not too shabby.

And, I got to see my beautiful friend Amy and her baby-to-be Logan:
IMG_2127.JPG

All of that enjoyment for me meant that Daddy was solo most of the day. Earlier in the week I had found a news piece somewhere that one of the local parks was having a Maple Sugar Exhibition on Saturday. I thought it might be interesting. I mean, the kids LIKE syrup. It was also at the same park that is the county's "exhibit farm." That means they have lots of cute animals to look at and barns to explore. So, Daddy thought it sounded like fun. And it WAS a gorgeous 70 degree March day. So off they went.

The report I got upon my return was this: Maple syrup is not very interesting. The naturalist doing the presentation was not dynamic. And the chickens were really funny.
Camera Roll-197
Camera Roll-196
Camera Roll-195

Oh well, at least there were funny chickens. And cupcakes.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Glad you enjoyed your mini-vacation! And...funny chickens can make a boring presentation well worth it :-)