Tuesday, March 27, 2012

T-Ball Man

I picked up a little t-ball set for the back yard a few weeks ago. And then it got rainy and cold. And the kids nagged me everyday to go play t-ball. FINALLY last week when it was gorgeous, we got it out and had a brief lesson. Ok, Colin had a lesson. Gillian would NOT let me show her ANYTHING. Not how to hold the bat, not how to stand, NOTHING. Homeschooling is NOT a valid choice for us (not that it ever was, anyway).

Colin really enjoyed it. And he wasn't too shabby at it either!
IMG_2111.JPG

I love this video because he spends twice as much time PUTTING THE BALL ON THE TEE as he does swinging the bat. Sigh.


Here's a nice hit though.


And here is Gillian, minus instruction.


And then she got mad, took the tee, bat, and ball and ran away.
IMG_2110.JPG

Oy.

4 comments:

Patty said...

I love it! Colin has a nice little swing going, and Gillian running off with the equipment cracks me up! Looking forward to playing tee ball someday with my little girl :-)

the edwards clan said...

What fun!!!! Typical girl, that Gillian is!

Lisa said...

Oh Gillian... :) I do love Colin in the background of her video. Throws something up and walks away!

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Cute...and funny:)...I was just thinking we'll have to get Rachel a T-Ball set then I remembered...we have one! It's been in the garage since last summer. Guess we need to put it together:)...