Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I Have a Button.

So, as a mostly powerless three year old, Colin is becoming increasingly frustrated with his lot in life. He's been letting us know this with increasing amounts of bargaining and arguing. It's awesome. The other coping strategy that he's developed is his "I have a button" idea. Which, frankly, I find brilliant.

The basic idea is that when Colin finds himself in a situation that he feels is untenable, like rainy weather or bedtime, he just says, "I have a button for that." And he's going to push that button. And the button makes things better. It makes the weather nice. It makes it NOT bedtime. One time he even used it to make it be a "little" bath instead of a "big bath." It never fails to make me laugh. Makes me think of those goofy "easy button" commercials. Imagine how cool it would be if he ACTUALLY HAD A BUTTON. Who knows? Maybe this kid will MAKE a button someday.

He had better share with his Mama.

2 comments:

Mercedes said...

lol, its a cross between the easy button and "I have an app for that." Does the button actually work or does he just pretend?

the edwards clan said...

That is awesome. My kids need buttons too.