Monday, March 19, 2012

Eggie Tree!

Last year the house down the road had this lovely little tree in their front yard that was hung with Easter Eggs. The kids LOVED it. They looked for it each time we drove past and squealed when they saw it. And they were sad when, after Easter, the eggs were gone. So, since we have a cute little Japanese Maple in our front landscaping that isn't doing much this time of year, I thought we could have our own Eggie Tree this year!

Pre-Eggie shot:
IMG_2074.JPG

My trusty sidekick, Gillian, was very, very helpful. She handed me the correct color egg when I asked for them and helped me arrange the colors just so. Colin was helpful in a way that involved driving his truck through the mulch.

So, TA DA! Our eggie tree!
IMG_2079.JPG
IMG_2081.JPG

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! How did you attach the string to the eggs? :) Fairlight

Patty said...

How fun! I was also going to ask how you attached the eggs.

Lea said...

I tied fishing line to each branch and then closed the egg around the line at the desired spot. It's held through one thunder storm so far!

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

How fun...and very cute! Might have to make an Eggie Tree in our yard too! :-)