Sunday, October 12, 2008

Michael's dream

So, Michael had a dream to share this morning. Those of you that know Michael well will realize this was truly momentous. In the seven years we've been married, he's had about 4-5 dreams that he's remembered. In his whole life I bet he has remembered less than 20 dreams. I, on the other hand, can remember about 20 dreams a week. I think he's just too sound a sleeper to remember when he dreams.

Anyway, this morning Michael tells me he had a dream that HE was pregnant with Alpha and was ready to deliver. Apparently, I was still carrying Omega, but somehow Michael was blessed with the other twin. He was in the hospital, I think, but he was in some sort of empty bathtub. I asked if the doctors were concerned that a man was about to give birth. He said they were. I asked him how it felt to be pregnant and ready to deliver. He said it was scary. Take whatever lesson you want from this dream. Personally, I think it reveals some anxiety on Daddy's part. Although, Mommy doesn't have any less, so we're probably even!

Alternately, it may have had something to do with the level of beer ingested during the Penn State game last night. You decide.

4 comments:

Ynn said...

Michael has NEVER remembered a dream that I recall. He wasn't even one of those children who suffered from bad dreams or nightmares. This is a truly amazing event! Of course, Daddy is anxious. He's worried about everyone and add your decision to deliver today to the amout of beer consumed during the PSU game, he was bound to dream of something! I'm wondering-was Alpha actually born or was he just in labor?

Lea said...

Apparently, I missed some details in the dream. Omega was already born and I brought her in to see Michael. No, Alpha wasn't born in the dream. That's too bad because I really am wondering how that would work. I also asked, he wasn't having contractions, so it was going to be a long night!

I am impressed with the amount he remembered. He honestly NEVER remembers dreams.

The Edwards Clan said...

What a fun story! How glad you'll be that you've recorded it. :o) I think it shows that Daddy does have some anxiety, yes. But, I also think it shows what a wonderful father Michael will be -- that it's his deepest and sincerest desire to really share the joyful burden of child-rearing with you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael,

Could you send me your email address? We enjoy your blog.

Deepak