Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Adventures in Lunchtime

The kids and I had fun at lunch today, and I thought I'd write it down while I remembered!

So, we have finally convinced Colin that quesadillas are yummy. It took a while, but he'll eat cheese or cheese/chicken quesadillas, which now gives me TWO choices of something to serve for lunch (grilled cheese being the other). Today I decided to try some black beans in his quesadilla; he has rejected beans every time I've offered them, although Gillian will gobble them down. Don't you know, the little booger gobbled down the first sliver of quesadilla that I offer him? So, I give him another. Half way through the second piece, he spots the beans! Then he started picking them out and handing them to me! I just had to chuckle because HE ATE THEM when he didn't see them, but didn't eat them when he could see them. Sigh. We'll see what he does tomorrow for Miss Amy when she offers the other half of what I made today. Booger butt.

Miss Gillian was not free from lunch time shenanigans today either! Of course, she chowed down her quesedilla (with salsa), green beans, and yogurt, but told me NO when I offered her the "fruit course." I thought maybe she just didn't want pear, so I offered apple, banana, and oranges. Each got an emphatic NO. I usually offer them some pretzels if they eat a good lunch, so I asked her if she wanted some pretzels, again, "NO." Hmmm, now I start to remember that Daddy told me that she INSISTED on a cookie (a Thin Mint, no less) at supper last night (I was my LAST occupational therapy session, so I wasn't home). I ask her if she wants a COOKIE; answer, "YES!" They don't really eat junk food, so I didn't mind giving her a cookie, but I guess we're going to have to decide when cookies are ok, and how many cookies are ok. Don't you know, she wanted a second one when she was done? Booger butt times two.

(Sorry no pictures with this post! The Grand Wizard of Photography is at work!)

2 comments:

Mum said...

I remember adventures in lunchtime. Ask me sometime about Jessica's Rainbow Brite Cereal phase.

Unknown said...

and the pickiness begins!! I can't believe that Gillie refused fruit!! They love fruit...but I guess that doesn't compare to a thin mint. I too would choose a thin mint over fruit.