Saturday, March 20, 2010

Jiggy Gillian and the Exciting St. Patrick's Day!

We had a very fun St. Patrick's Day this past week. The weather was simply beautiful here, upper 60's and SUN, SUN, SUN. I took the kiddos to their first Story (1/2) Hour at the South Park Library in the morning. They are in the infant to 18 month group, so they are some of the older kids in the class. I think there were about ten kids there, with about 8 moms. The librarian read a couple books, did some songs with puppets, and had some scarves to play with too. I was a little nervous to see if I could corral two active toddlers through a group activity.

Answer to that question: No.

Gillian was very good. She stood in the middle of the circle, totally serious, and studied everyone. She didn't crack a smile the whole time, although I was pretty sure she liked it. At least she stayed in one spot.

Colin did not. He RAN back and forth from room to room, to the aquarium, to the big stuffed snowman, to the book shelves. Do you know how embarrassing it is for an educator to be the parent of "THAT" kid??? Oh, I know, he's little and it's to be expected in toddler group. BUT COME ON! He loves books and songs and puppets. Sheesh. I am holding on to the thought that his molar was bothering him and he'll be better behaved next week. Yay, that's it.

Anyway, BEFORE we went to Story Hour we were watching the Today show, like we do every morning. (I like Matt and Meredith, I'm sorry!) Since it was St. Paddy's day, RiverDance paid a visit to the show. Gillian had been doing this "jig" type dance all week, so I was hoping she'd jig along with the dancers on TV. She had just had her "morning constitutional" and I was about to get her dressed for the day, when the dancers came on. She LOVED them! She started jigging right away! YES!!! I whipped out the camera to grab a few videos.

Ok, these videos are great on their own. BUT, they are made better by two things. 1: Gillian is only wearing a diaper (and it's trying to fall off, even!). I know I've told you all that's she's little, but MAN you can see how skinny she is! 2: The second video contains a "cat periscope." That would be Weasel's tail; we think it's funny that you only see the tail, and nothing else of the kitty.

Anyway, Gillian getting jiggy!




I think she did a great imitation of the RiverDance people! They were even giving little yells like she did!

Anyway, we topped off our St. Paddy's day with an afternoon trip to the playground for lots of swinging and sliding! We are really enjoying the sun and warmth!

6 comments:

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Cute! Great dancing! Yes, I thought my Rachel was on the tiny side...Gillian is definitely tiny! So sweet:)...Lori

Mum said...

Gillie is the cutiest ever! I have watched her dance 3 times already this morning! Thanks for posting this!

Unknown said...

oh my goodness!! That is super cute, and man is she skinny!!! I wish I had that problem :)

Ynn said...

I love these videos. I watched agian this morning before I left for school. Grandpa says I am getting my "fix". He's right. The day is so much better after seeing them. This is priceless.

Amy said...

Oh my gosh, Lea! So cute! I still think your twinners need to be on the cover of "Parents" magazine! Loved the story about Colin and story time - it must be a boy thing. My girls were fine at those kind of things - Nicholas, not so much!

Jessica said...

Best. Videos. Ever.