Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sheep Happens

DSC_0028.NEF

Either Colin or Gillian took this sheep photo, with Dada's help, of course. But, it made me think I needed to share about our current sheep craze. Much to Grandma RoRo's delight, I'm sure, Colin and Gillian are loving sheep right now. They have three stuffed sheep; two of the pink, bug eyed Serta-sleeper sheep seen above (from Great-Aunt Sue), and one grey fluffy guy. They carry them all around, hug them, kiss them, wrestle them, you get the picture. Gillian makes a great "Baaaaaa" sound whenever she sees a sheep. And just this week she started trying to sing along to "Baa Baa Black Sheep" when I sing it to her little grey sheep. Oh, I forgot to mention, the grey sheep "belongs" to Gillian and the pink sheep "belong" to Colin. If one of them picks up "their" sheep, the other has to find the other one. Pretty cute.

On Saturday I was herding them upstairs for their nap (the kids, not the sheep), and they somehow decided that they had to take the sheep to bed with them. This is the first time they've "asked" to take toys to bed with them. They each have a little stuffed doll or bear in their bed, but that's it. I figured it wouldn't hurt, so C&G carried their sheep upstairs and into bed with them. Colin was heart-meltingly cute with a pink sheep under one arm and a blue teddy under the other, with a huge grin on his face as I tucked him in. They fell asleep right away, so the sheep didn't cause a ruckus. Yay.

Anyway, I wanted to share our sheep craze. I think it's pretty funny.

1 comment:

the edwards clan said...

It's so fun to see the things that they get so excited about. Enjoy these sweet times when they are excited about simple things like sheep. Before you know it they'll be 8 and they'll be excited about complicated things you don't even understand -- like Bionicles and Bakugan. Relish these sweet moments!